Web servers come in all shapes and sizes but the most important thing is that they perform reliably and are easy enough for any beginner to setup.
LiteSpeed Web Server is an Apache interchangeable server that's designed for those suffering from a major data bottleneck. It's fairly simple and straightforward to setup although at the same time, it's not short on features and it's highly flexible. LiteSpeed Web Server is compatible with HTTP/1.1, SSL, CGI, FastCGI, LSAPI, PHP, JSP, Servlets, GZIP compression, chroot, IP level throttling, connection accounting and DoS attack prevention.
Since you can launch it from Apache, it's an excellent option for anyone that uses Apache servers but has had problems with bottlenecks or traffic flow issues. The developers claim that LiteSpeed is more than 50% faster in PHP content delivery than Apache although this must surely depend on the amount and type of traffic that you are receiving.
Fairly simple to setup and with maximum Apache compatibility, LiteSpeed Web Server can help anyone who's been suffering from traffic problems on their server.
- Improved internal Cache feature:
- Last modified header will be checked and return 304 if it has not changed.
- Added response header “X-LiteSpeed-Cache hit” if content is served from cache.
- Added “CACHE_HIT=1” environment variable, this can be used in customized access log.
- Fixed encoding error related to gzip handling of cached copy.
- Improved cPanel whm EasyApache Hooks handling.
- Improved compatibility with ISPconfig.
- Improved performance under LVE.
- Upgraded openssl to 0.9.8q, php build to 5.2.17 and 5.3.5.